Generally speaking, we collect or receive the following types of information when you use the Services:
- Information You Provide Directly. You may provide information directly to us in several different ways. For example, when you sign up for updates from Women Deliver, we collect your contact information, including your first and last name, email address, country of residence, organization, and your title within your organization. When you submit a comment in our “Contact” form, we collect information including your name, email address, country of residence, and whatever information is in the comments you provide.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect certain information about you and your computer when you use the Services, which may include: the type of web browser and operating system you have used to access the Services; your IP address (which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet and can be used to derive your general geographic location); and information about the content you view and the features you access on the Services that we collect using cookies and similar technologies. Women Deliver uses a service called Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors to the Women Deliver website use the Services.
We also maintain a cookie on your computer, which is used in the Entry Comments feature of the Services when a user selects the “Remember me next time” option.
- We may share the Google Analytics data and our analysis of that data with third parties, including donors to Women Deliver. Otherwise, we do not aggregate data collected by Women Deliver with data from other websites or third-party sources, or share collected data with other parties.
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- To continually improve the Services and enhance your experience with the Services;
- To better understand your interests in order to provide you with relevant content, surveys and questionnaires, and other materials; and
- To respond to your requests, questions, and comments;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, or pursuant to your consent.
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Service Providers. We also may share your information with entities that provide services to us, including companies that provide web analytics, data processing, email distribution, and other services. For example, the automatically collected information described below is provided to Google Analytics in order to better understand how users make use of the Services, and to improve our communication with our users. Data collected when you sign up for email updates from Women Deliver is provided to our email newsletter provider, so that those updates can be delivered to you.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services.
There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties in order to:
- protect the legal rights of Women Deliver, its affiliates, and of the users of the Services;
- protect the safety and security of users of the Services;
- prevent fraud (or for risk management purposes); or
- comply with or respond to the law or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity.
- Other Parties in Aggregated Form. We may also share the Google Analytics data, in aggregated and non-personally-identifiable form, with third parties including donors to Women Deliver.
- Other Parties in Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us.
We do not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information from our database.
Women Deliver may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Women Deliver does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Women Deliver uses a variety of technologies to learn more about how people use the Services and the Internet. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a set of software tools that allows Women Deliver to automatically collect information about how visitors to the Women Deliver website use the Services. This information is not associated with any information provided by you directly, such as your name or email address.