Wherever inequality lives, there stands a girl or woman able to turn the tide of adversity into a tidal wave of progress. We simply have to commit to her.
Deliver for Good is a global campaign that applies a gender lens to the SDGs and promotes critical investments in girls and women to power progress for all.
Girls and women carry more than babies. Or water. They carry families. They carry businesses. They carry potential. And when we invest in their health, rights, and wellbeing, it creates a positive ripple effect that lifts up entire countries.
Give girls and women access to healthcare, they will deliver more resilient families. Give girls and women the potential to learn, they will deliver stronger economies. Give girls and women opportunities, they will deliver solutions.
Deliver for them. Deliver for all. Deliver for good.
Advocacy in Action
The Deliver for Good Campaign advocates for concrete actions to advance gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women at global and national levels.
At the global level, our advocacy efforts unite partners working across multiple sectors, issue areas, and generations with shared messages and policy asks to drive policy priorities.
At the country level, the Deliver for Good Campaign has started dedicated advocacy and communications efforts in Kenya and Senegal. In each of these countries, local partners are leading cross-sector coalitions to develop and execute country-specific advocacy strategies that fuel change within the local context and policy environment.
What were the criteria for selecting the 12 investment areas?
How does the Deliver for Good Campaign increase investments for girls and women?
- Changing the Narrative Deliver for Good is reshaping the global narrative around girls and women—from victims and the vulnerable, to agents of change and critical drivers of progress. The Deliver for Good campaign partners curate and disseminate a stronger, more comprehensive evidence base highlighting the roles that girls and women play in development. The partners are sharing the evidence through advocacy and communications to shape a new narrative to clearly communicate why investing in girls and women positively impacts communities, development, and the achievement of the SDGs.
- Mobilizing Cross-Sector, Cross-Issue, and Cross-Generational Engagement The Deliver for Good campaign partners are breaking down traditional development silos and formalizing the engagement of stakeholders working across multiple sectors, issue areas, and generations.
- Inspiring Action The Deliver for Good campaign partners, allies, supporters, and country coalitions advocate for the implementation of policies, programs, and investments that reflect the important role girls and women play in global development and in the achievement of the SDGs. This includes developing and executing strategies that work to ensure policies related to SDG implementation include a gender lens and are coordinated across issue areas.
What makes the Deliver for Good campaign unique?
How is Deliver for Good led?
Who are the Advisory Group Partners?
- Business for Social Responsibility (BSR)
- Equal Measures 2030
- Every Women Every Child
- The African Women's Development and Communication Network (FEMNET)
- FHI 360
- The Global Partnership for Education (GPE)
- International Planned Parenthood Federation
- Mercy Corps
- National Democratic Institute (NDI)
- Plan International
- Population Services International (PSI)
- Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN Movement)
- Women Deliver
How is the campaign related to other key commitments?
What has the Campaign accomplished since it was launched?
- Shared evidence on the role that girls and women play in global development progress.
- Facilitated the integration of evidence and narrative by engaging 34 ministers from 32 countries, and 85 parliamentarians from 54 countries, through parliamentary and ministerial briefings.
- Mobilized more than 400 organizations working across sectors in more than 50 countries.
- Enlisted four high-level influencers as part of its global advocacy network to amplify messages and persuade decision makers to invest in girls and women as drivers of progress for all.
What do the ongoing campaign efforts include?
- Curating and disseminating evidence and best practices to inform policy and programming
- Assembling a broad-based coalition to align complementary agendas and create sustained advocacy pressure
- Establishing multi-sector coalitions in two focus countries – Kenya and Senegal – to enhance local capacity to guide and influence the implementation of the SDGs through a gender lens
- Mobilizing advocates around the 12 investment areas at global, regional, and country levels
- Aligning efforts to monitor progress on policies and programming so investments can be optimized
How does the campaign implement advocacy efforts at the global level?
How will the campaign execute national level advocacy?
- These efforts will broaden the reach of a new, evidence-based narrative that recognizes the central role girls and women play in advancing country development.
- Dedicated local partners will energize and mobilize partners, inspiring organizations to break down the silo mentality that dominates global development, in favor of collaborative approaches and innovative solutions.
- Partners will advocate for concrete actions and policies that deliver for girls and women and sustainable progress.
How were the focus countries selected?
Who can be involved in the Deliver for Good Campaign?
Why join the Deliver for Good Campaign?
What does it mean to be a Deliver for Good Campaign Partner?
What does it mean to be a Deliver for Good Campaign Ally?
How can individuals support the Deliver for Good Campaign?
- Share: Add evidence and case studies to the 12 investment areas for girls and women through the Deliver for Good website.
- Stay Informed: Sign up for the Deliver for Good newsletter for campaign updates, stories, and resources to help you become a more effective advocate
- Speak Up: Use your voice to advocate for the campaign and for greater political, programmatic, and financial investments in girls and women at the community, country, and global levels.
- Socialize: Use #DeliverforGood to amplify the investment case for girls and women via Twitter, Facebook, and other social media networks.
- Support: Make sound investments to help accelerate the implementation of the SDGs so that they matter most for girls and women.